Grounding


Have you heard of grounding? 

Humans are full of electricity. Free radical stress from exposure to pollution, cigarettes, insecticides, pesticides, trans fats, and radiation, just to name a few, continually deplete your body of electrons. Simply by getting outside, barefoot, touching the Earth, and allowing the excess charge in your body to discharge into the Earth, you can alleviate some of the stress continually put on your system. Walking barefoot can help neutralize the constant assault of electromagnetic fields and other types of radiation from cell phones, computers, and Wi-Fi.

We spent the past two days cooped up inside because of the heavy thunderstorms. Today we got out and had the most wonderful day at the beach.

I love connecting to nature. It invigorates me. It makes me feel so alive, yet so small and insignificant in the very best way. When I spend too much time inside, I start to feel stressed and unhealthy. I never realized that there was actual science behind this.

Well, today we connected to the earth wholeheartedly.

It was breezy and overcast when we arrived at the beach, and everyone was in a fantastic mood. We jumped in the waves, dug in the sand, had seaweed wars, chased the seagulls and dug in the sandy shoreline to discover the thousands of coquinas burying themselves there.

There were dark clouds above and we knew that the afternoon thunderstorms were looming, but we didn't pay it any mind. As the storm rolled in, we just threw our dry stuff in the car and had the most incredible time playing on the beach in the rain. We ran full speed down the beach laughing hysterically, the kids daring me to imitate their cool jumps, turns and tricks. We dug a little pool that Junie had the best time splashing around in. The kids and I lay on our bellies at the water's edge, letting the rain pour down on our backs while we dug our toes in the surf.

We had sand on our skin, rain on our backs, and we were surrounded by saltwater.

We were grounded.

Harper told me "This is my favoritest day out of all of the days except for my birthday and Christmas"
Me too, sweet kiddo. Me too.


1 comments: